So my friend Jillian Chantal tagged me in a post. I guess we want people to look because that’s the game. You find the word look in your work in progress (WIP) and you post an excerpt around it. So here’s my bit from the story with the working title of Wedding at the Castle
“I hope not. That wouldna be a good thing. You look tired lassie let’s get you to the castle.”
“It’s a real castle?” the history professor in Joan was intrigued.
“When you’ve had a chance to rest and can appreciate it, I’ll tell you the whole story.”
“I’ll take you up on that.” Joan yawned.
“Come on now. Give me that bag and let’s go.”
Joan handed him her carryon bag and finally took a moment to look at the man she’d been talking to and gasped. “I am such an idiot.”
“And why is that lass?”
“I just realized who you are.” Joan did a quick inventory of her appearance. She was grateful that the outfit she had chosen to wear was not only comfortable, it looked good. The suit was tailored to flatter her figure. She’d chosen the green silk shirt under the gray jacket because it brought out the deep green of her eyes. She knew she was going to meet the teen idols of her youth, the Strange Bedfellows, but she never dreamed their lead guitar player, Rory Munro would be picking her up from the airport. She’d have found a bathroom to freshen up a bit; at the very least, she’d have eaten a mint.
Next rule tag five more writers.
So Friends: here we go;
Have fun Y’all
Posted by Darlene on November 15, 2012
I’ve been tagged by the amazing Jillian Chantal She had her character from her upcoming release, Redemption for the Devil, coming out in July from Desert Breeze Publishing answer these questions so I’ve asked Phillip Caminitti, the hero from my current WIP to answer the same questions.
1. Do you think you’re hot?
I’m not Nascar’s most eligible bachelor for nothing. I have been referred to not just as hot but smoking hot. So I’ll leave it to you what do you think?
2. Upload a picture you are using at the moment:
The Nascar Hall of Fame. I’m going to take Alicia to the Hall of Fame as part of our date. It’s one of those Bid for Bachelor things. I normally wouldn’t do it but it’s to raise money for breast cancer research so what’a guy to do. I figured I’d be the perfect guy to take this chick to the Hall of Fame since it’s only a matter of time until I’m inducted.
3. When was the last time you ate chicken meat? We had the best hot wings at McGinty’s just the other night. I almost blew it with Alicia that night but I think I made up. Flowers go a long way. I’ve messed up with women before so I have several florists always on standby. Alicia was a trooper she ate some pretty hot wings.
4. The songs you listened to lately? Porn Star Dancing by My Darkest Days and So Much Cuter by Nickelback
5. What were you thinking as you were doing this? Isn’t it obvious? Racing and women.
6. Do you have a nickname? Not any that I’ll share here. Some of the women I spend time with have, shall we say, pet names for me but I understand that this is a PG kind of blog so I’ll keep those to myself.
I’m tagging the following people:
Daisy Harris, Tara Tew, Michele Zurlo Cynthia Eden and Karyn Bosnak
Check them out. Let’s see who has Google Alerts on and see that they’ve been tagged. Should be fun.
Posted by Darlene on June 1, 2011